|This PennDOT Traffic Signal Construction and Inspection self-study was created to address the fact that signal projects must comply with the applicable traffic signal construction documents (specifications, plans, standard drawings, etc.). Inferior work on signals or inadequate traffic management during project construction can create potentially dangerous conditions with liability impacts for local agencies. The purpose of this course is to provide an introduction to traffic signal construction and inspection issues. |
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
• Locate applicable Traffic Signal Catalog Cuts
• Describe the applicable Traffic Signal Proprietary Approvals
• List the Traffic Signal Product Approvals process
• List the important sections of Publication 408 (Specifications) and its requirements
• Understand and navigate Publication 669 (Traffic Signal Inspection Pocket Guide)
• Traffic Signal Testing procedures
Develop and modify a Traffic Signal Inspection Form
In order to receive credit for completion of the course, the participant must pass a final quiz built at the end of the course and follow the instructions to submit their results to PennDOT.
The course includes six modules plus one final exam; an estimated completion time of the entire course is seven hours (includes review time). Any module may be viewed as many times as desired.
PennDOT provides continuing education credits (3 PDHs total) for completion of all modules, including the final exam. Follow the instructions on the Final Exam module to submit proof of completion to PennDOT to receive a Certificate of Completion.